Kailash Sacred Walks, a program by Isha Sacred Walks, offers you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of embarking on this journey to Kailash Manasarovar. All our fellow travelers will unanimously agree that they all returned from this trip completely transformed. The magical and mystical spot has been drawing people to its divine presence for various reasons.
- The Kailash Parvat or Mount Kailash along with the holy Manasarovar lake is deeply integral to the heart of spiritual Asia, capturing the imagination of human beings since time immemorial.
- According to Hindu legend, the lake was first created in the mind of the Lord Brahma. Hence, in Sanskrit it is called Manasarovar, which is a combination of the words ‘Manas’ (mind) and ‘Sarovar’ (lake).
- Hindus also believe Mt. Kailash to be the abode of Lord Shiva, the holy centre of the earth and the manifestation of heaven itself.
- Tibetan Buddhists profess that Kailash is the home of the Buddha Demchok who symbolizes supreme harmony.
- The Tibetan religion of ‘Bon’ believes Mount Kailash as their spiritual seat of power.
- In Jainism, Kailash, referred to as Mount Ashtapada, is the place where the creator of their faith, Rishabhadeva, attained freedom from the cycle of life and rebirth.
- Just 20 kilometers away from Mount Kailash, the sacred blue and emerald green Manasarovar lake that lies at a height of 15,015 ft, is known to be an epitome of purity, containing healing properties and the power to wash off all mortal sins.
For these reasons and more, a trip to Kailash Manasarovar is an intense spiritual experience, complete with the inclusion of meditation sessions, sathsangs ( spiritual discourses) and much more. The 13/14-day trip will commence at Kathmandu, where you will explore the ancient city along with its holy spots and includes the journey to Tibet, drive to Saga, overnight camping and meditation sessions at the breathtaking Manasarovar Lake. This will be followed by the challenging yet fulfilling trek to the North face of Kailash, where you will get a chance to meditate in the presence of the mighty peak before you journey back.
A sojourn to this roof of the world is an arduous, but rewarding one. Every single traveler of this incredible journey undergoes a humbling and enlightening transformation, which cannot be described, but can only be felt first hand.
Get ready for some incredible experiences. Soak in the sights of cliff-top monasteries, yak caravans leisurely ambling over snowy passes, and the mighty peaks of the Himalayas. But most importantly, get ready to have an honest peek into your own self. As Sadhguru says, you return home with “a little bit of Kailash with you in your heart and your mind”.